All spring units are designed to meet the requirements of:
- ASME Code for Pressure Piping, ASME B31.1, B31.3
- Manufacturers Standardization Society (MSS), SP-58,and SP-69
- Federal Specification WW-H-171E and A-A-1192A
- Manufactured in an ISO 9001:2015 Certified Facility
- The geometric design provides constancy of support effort throughout the full range of travel and load adjustment. The design provides a compact and more versatile unit.
- Provides a wide range of load and travel capacities *
- Each constant is individually calibrated at the factory to match the specified load, and pre-set to the Cold load setting before shipment.
- A minimum of 10% plus or minus of load adjustment from the specified load is provided
- White arrows marked “С” indicates cold setting of constant; Red arrows marked “H” indicates the hot or operating condition
- Field load adjustment is made by turning the single load adjustment bolt Heavy gauge spring cover provides protection and good appearance
- Load Rod swings at least 4 degrees in all directions from vertical
- Non-resonant to all vertical Vibrations
- Stainless steel nameplate
- Standard shop primer paint with hot dip galvanized and special paint finishes available.
Constant supports are made in two basic designs, the 880V (vertical design) and the 881H (horizontal design). Both the figure No. 880V and 881H are available to accommodate total travels from 1 1/2 ” to 20″ and loads from 27# to 87,500#.
The 881H – Type U Upthrust will accommodate total travels from 1 l/ ” to 12″ and loads from 30# to 27,195#.
View our catalog for the full range of constant spring supports.
Travel stops and Hydrostops
Bergen Pipe Supports Constant hangers are equipped with built—in upper and lower stops to prevent excessive travel beyond the specified range. A 10 position Hydrostop is also provided, painted red, that is used for hydrostatic testing, and presetting to the Cold load.
The Hydrostops are capable of supporting test loads equal to two times operating loads. An instruction tag marked “ATTENTION” contains removal and, storage instructions of the Hydrostop and is attached to the spring cover.
ORDERING INSTRUCTIONS :
When ordering a Constant spring support please specify for each unit :
- Specify figure number, hanger size, type, load, actual travel (inches). Also, direction of actual travel cold to hot, rod sizes (inches) an Hanger mark number.
- When Ordering Type G, specify C-C rod dimension as well as load per spring and total load.
- Specify Single Rod suspension when required, otherwise a double rod suspension will be supplied.
- For corrosion (Galvanized units with neoprene coated coils) specify as C880V or C881H.
- For your convince a sample order form is provided on page 49 of catalog to make copies for ordering.
Real World Projects :