Bergen-Power markets the widest selection of restraint assemblies and devices which allows the designer to select devices technically and economically suited for the specific application by type, size and configuration. Bergen-Power restraint systems now cover a broader range of load ratings and allow greater flexibility in field adjustment. High precision steel ball bushings and pins are now standard components throughout the line. Also included is a new series of restraint yoke clamps. Bergen-Power hydraulic snubbers have also been improved and are available with options to better suit the different conditions the application requires.
All restraints are designed to meet the requirements of:
- ASME Code for Pressure Piping, ASME B31.1, B31.3
- Manufacturers Standardization Society (MSS), SP-58,and SP-69
- Manufactured in an ISO 9001:2015 Certified Facility
- Units meeting the requirements of the
ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section III are also available in accordance with Bergen-Power load capacity data sheets.
strut standard design features
- Designed to restrain tensile and/or compressive forces.
- Tight fitting connections allow positive control of piping systems.
- Spherical, self-aligning ball bushing at both ends of the strut allow for ± 5° of angular motion or misalignment.
- Can be installed in any spatial orientation.
- Field adjustment is available in all assemblies.
- All welding work required in the field is recommended to be fillet welds.
- Standard shop primer paint with hot dip galvanized and special paint finishes available.
hydraulic snubber assemblies
GENERAL APPLICATION: Used for the control and protection of piping and equipment subject to shock (impulse) loading and swaying (cyclic) conditions. Its use transfers any imposed forces on the piping or equipment directly to the building structure at the instant of shock occurrence, while at all other times allowing free unrestricted movement through its normal operating range.
• Earthquake protection.
• To prevent damage by wind in outdoor installations.
• Employed at points in piping systems subject to shock loadings generated by quick closing valves, water hammer, relief valve reaction or other applied shock loads.
STANDARD DESIGN FEATURES:
• Tamper-proof dual stage flow control poppets designed with self-cleaning orifices.
• Furnished as a complete, compact, and efficient unit, ready for immediate use.
• Spherical, self-aligning ball bushings allow for ± 5° of angular motion or misalignment.
• Pressurized hydraulic reservoir allows mounting in any spatial orientation.
• Virtually no resistance to normal thermal movements of the piping.
• Paint — standard primer finish with special finishes available.
• Functions in restraining tension and compression.
• Built-in Fluid Level Indicator.
OPTIONAL DESIGN FEATURES:
• Remote Reservoir Mounting
• Integral Relief Valve — A non-adjustable valve, which is factory preset at 133%, or 200% of rated load.
• Protective Boot – Installed over the piston rod for protection in corrosive and/or dusty areas.
• Rigid Strut Application — When no thermal growth is anticipated after lock-up an optional poppet valve, without bleed, is furnished. Must be ordered with optional integral relief valve.
need help choosing the right restraint for your application?
Contact our experienced team today to help you choose the best solution for your restraint requirements.